Senior Mobile Engineer, New York, NY
GateGuru is seeking a senior mobile developer to join our multi-platform engineering team in New York City. GateGuru is a mobile travel company focused on revolutionizing the day of travel experience. We currently have an award-winning iOS application in the App Store, have recently shipped our first Android build, and are expanding our efforts onto the mobile web.
As a senior developer at GateGuru, you will join a small, agile engineering team to design, implement, and deliver amazing mobile applications directly to consumers. You will have the opportunity to develop on both our iOS and Android mobile clients as well as our Ruby on Rails backend application. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you will be involved in making important decisions about our product and infrastructure that directly impacts how our business grows.
- Deep knowledge of the iOS and/or Android development platform and ecosystem
- Passion for creating polished consumer mobile experiences
- Strong object oriented design capabilities
- Competency with Git
- Ability to use an automated testing as a design tool to accelerate development
- Dedication to software development as both career and craft
- Desire to join a fast moving, high caliber team that gets shit done
- Experience with the RestKit framework for iOS
- Experience deploying applications on the Heroku polyglot platform
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails & PostgreSQL
- Basic systems administration and systems architecture knowledge
- Opportunity to play a major role in shaping how people experience travel
- Generous equity package
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible, fun & entrepreneurial work environment where you have a real voice in decisions
GateGuru is on its way to becoming the next great travel company.
GateGuru has been featured in Apple’s ad campaigns, been named 2011’s “Outstanding App” by the Global Business Travel Association, covered by leading media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Mashable, and recognized as one of the “Top 5 Air Travel Apps” by CNN. We recently closed a round of financing from top angel investors. Our founders and VP of Engineering have extensive experience in venture capital, online advertising, product management, web-scale systems architecture, and mobile application development.